Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 hrs
I just throw this together in the morning, turn the setting on the slow cooker to low, and by dinner time, this delicious tasting pot roast is the result. The vegetables and undrained tomatoes will make enough water for the roast. Thicken with flour if you wish during the last half hour or so of cooking. Serve alone or over egg noodles. This makes a lot of gravy and is great for leftovers.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) pot roast
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packets Lipton Onion Soup Mix (1 box has two packets)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (15 ounce) cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 4 -5 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as quartered potatoes, carrots, celery and onions (slice onion into rings if you wish. I like it better that way myself.)
- Put ingredients in slow cooker in order listed.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours.