Recipe by * Pamela *
A bit of work, but a fun dish to serve to company and is always praised for its taste! For best flavour, marinade overnight. You can also baste with your favourite barbecue sauce during grill time.
Top Review by Kimke
Delicious! This was something we used to make alot but stopped. We didn't use the pork but did both chicken and beef. Multicolored peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, zucchini and yellow squash all added to it's festive appearance. Wonderful, quick easy dinner great with rice pilaf!
- 500 g boneless chicken breasts
- 500 g round steaks
- 500 g pork loin (my kids are not big meat eaters and I will sometimes use sliced up smokies in addition to this meat)
- green pepper
- yellow pepper
- red pepper
- cherry tomatoes
- onion (I occasionally use pineapple tidbits as well)
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Italian salad dressing
- bamboo skewer (approx. 32)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut meat into small bite size cubes and place in ziploc bags.
- Pour Catalina dressing over meat and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut vegetables into small bite-size pieces and place in a ziploc bag about 5-6 cups.
- Pour the Italian dressing over vegetables and refrigerate overnight.
- You can also soak the bamboo skewers overnight to prevent them from burning.
- The next day, place meat and vegetables onto skewers, alternating colors for appeal.
- Be sure sure to start and end with meat to prevent everything from slipping off during grilling.
- I usually use 3-4 pieces of meat per skewer and lots of veggies.
- Barbecue over medium heat for approx 10-15 minutes or until done.
- Serve with your favorite salad and enjoy!