Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is another of my mil's recipes. The only change I made is to cut the chicken into bitesize pieces and increase the sauce as that is my dh's favorite part of the whole thing. I have made this in the oven and in the crock pot and either way is great. We have also had it over rice, noodles, and my personal favorite is steamed broccoli and cauliflower. DH is a purist andlikes it best over biscuits.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup cream sherry
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (3 ounce) packagessliced beef (We prefer Carl Buddig)
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 6 -8 chicken tenderloins
- your favorite biscuit
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Stir together first 5 ingredients.
- Cut the beef slices into smaller pieces (sixths are a good size) and the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Spread a small ammount of sauce in the bottom of a 9 x 13 cassserole dish, layer beef slices over the sauce and the chicken on top of the beef.
- Pour the remaining sauce over the top of the chicken and bake for 2 1/2 hours.
- During the last 30 minutes put together your favorite biscuits. Remove the chicken from the oven, raise the temp in your oven and bake the biscuits. Serve the Chicken and sauce over split biscuits.
- To cook in the crock pot cook for 8 hours or so on low of 4 hours on high.