Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe years ago and it is the one I make the most. Super easy. Halve the recipe to cover one bag of prepared slaw vegetables. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1 cup mayonnaise (low fat works well too)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (I've also used Splenda here)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon celery seed
- 5 cups shredded coleslaw mix (cabbage, carrot, onion, bell pepper, etc.)
- Whisk together ingredients for dressing in a non-reactive (non-metal) bowl until sugar dissolves.
- Toss with slaw vegetables of choice.
- Refrigerate at least four hours.
- Toss well before serving.
sooo good and sooo easy, this will be my go to coleslaw... thank you sooo much! did everything the recipe said and would not do anything else, although i did not have celery seed. maybe try it with a chopped up apple, just for a change...
I followed the recipe other then I only used 1/2 teaspoon of pepper because I thought 2 teaspoons was too much for us. I used 16 ounces of shredded slaw and it worked out great. I also added a tablespoon of milk only because I had read a few other recipes and thought this one included milk too. Noticed afterwards it didn't. We all enjoyed this.
I love this recipe. I made it exactly the way it states to make it. My husband loved it and couldn't believe it wasn't restaurant take-out. I wouldn't change a thing.