Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A simple and tasty cole slaw
Make and share this Easy Coleslaw recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces coleslaw mix or 16 ounces cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (optional) or 2 tablespoons sliced almonds (optional)
- Combine oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, celery seed, salt & pepper in a small saucepan.
- Place pan on medium heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir to dissolve sugar and the dressing comes to a boil. Place cole slaw mix in a mixing bowl.
- Toss with hot dressing .
- Let stand 20 minutes.
- Top with nuts.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
Unbelievably good,should have a 100 reviews here.
I just finished making this and it turned out pretty good. I didn't have cider vinegar so I used half white and half red wine. I also added about 4 tbsp. of mayo to make it creamy. Very quick, easy, and overall a good recipe.