Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
A great "make ahead" recipe that is packed full of traditional bruschetta flavor. A perfect appetizer or cocktail party tapas. The perfect companion to a before dinner glass of red wine.
- 3 ripe roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 6 green onions (sliced thinly)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 teaspoons capers
- 1 (4 ounce) can black olives (chopped)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 25 slices sourdough cocktail bread
- Preheat broiler on low. On a non-stick cookie sheet, arrange 25 slices of cocktail sourdough bread squares and brush one side lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Toast under broiler for approximately 3 minutes each side or until toasted lightly. Transfer toasts to serving plate.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss together the tomatoes, onions, garlic, capers and olives. In a separate bowl whisk together 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, the 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and the oregano.
- May refridgerate two mixtures until ready to serve. When ready to serve, pour oil/vinegar mixture over tomato mixture and toss together gently. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Serve cold in a bowl alongside the cocktail toasts and a small bowl of freshly grated parmesan cheese for topping.