Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I make these often it's a wonderful easy recipe and they are very moist! Serving size is only estimated depending on the size you cut the squares. You can even add in nuts in place of the chocolate chips or use about 6 ounces each!
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (can use 2 teaspoons)
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 12 ounces chocolate chips (or to taste)
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a large cookie sheet.
- In a bowl combine oil, sugar and eggs, beat until well combined.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients, except chocolate chips, then add to the oil/sugar mixture; mix well.
- Add the vanilla and coffee; mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until bars tests done.
- Cool and cut into squares.
very good.easy to whip together.used mini choc chips as thats all i had and used 6oz.Used two square foil baking tins. This was good value for money as I got two good square cakes. Very nice texture little dry around edges but really moist with a lovely delicate mocha cinnamon taste. Children loved them.Hope the caffeine does not make them hyper!!
TO DIE FOR! These were not just easy but so incredibly delicious I can't wait to make them again! Although, I think your directions should read bake for 45 minutes, not 15, as they were still liquid at that point. Thanks all the same!
Everyone run to your kitchen right now and make this!!! It's luscious, scrumptious, and sinfully delectable. The hardest part was to wait for the cake to cool off because the smell in my kitchen was wonderful! I successfully substituted apple sauce for the oil to make a lower fat version. And I used half milk chocolate chips and half dark chocolate ones. My cake baked for about 22 minutes and it was done to a chocolaty gooey perfection. My DH who loves brownies said this is his new favorite "snack"..LOL.. I am never disappointed with your recipes! Thank you!