Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
I obtained this recipe from Paula Deen's cookbook, "The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook. It was the easiest recipe I have ever made and it tasted so good. I have also made the recipe substituting Splenda for the sugar and it came out just as good!
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bottom of 13x9 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray. (Original recipe does not have this step, but i included it to make the removal of the cake easier).
- Spread one can of the Crescent Rolls in the bottom of the 13x9 Pan. Pinch all the edges together to make one sheet.
- Cream together 3/4 cup of sugar, cream cheese, Vanilla and egg yolk till creamy and smooth.
- Spread mixture over the Crescent rolls.
- Top with the second package of Crescent Rolls. Again, pinch together all the edges to make it one sheet.
- Beat the egg white till frothy and spread on top.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and Pecans evenly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes till nice and golden brown.
Such a great dessert! I am so happy to have found this recipe. Breakfast and brunch will never be the same :)
A co-worker made this and it is great! I'm not rating it because she used cinnamon rolls (mashed flat) instead of the cresent rolls. She also made another version with orange rolls (and mandarin oranges over the top of the cream cheese layer). Delicious!!
OMG this is amazing! loved it! loved it! I added some fresh strawberries and some strawberry sauce. This is excellent! I am going to make this for my Grandson's Baptism in two weeks, b/cuz I am confident that my guests will love it. Thank You for a great recipe. Made for PAC 09