I obtained this recipe from Paula Deen's cookbook, "The Lady & Sons Savannah Country Cookbook. It was the easiest recipe I have ever made and it tasted so good. I have also made the recipe substituting Splenda for the sugar and it came out just as good!
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bottom of 13x9 baking dish with a non-stick cooking spray. (Original recipe does not have this step, but i included it to make the removal of the cake easier).
- Spread one can of the Crescent Rolls in the bottom of the 13x9 Pan. Pinch all the edges together to make one sheet.
- Cream together 3/4 cup of sugar, cream cheese, Vanilla and egg yolk till creamy and smooth.
- Spread mixture over the Crescent rolls.
- Top with the second package of Crescent Rolls. Again, pinch together all the edges to make it one sheet.
- Beat the egg white till frothy and spread on top.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/4 cup of sugar and Pecans evenly.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes till nice and golden brown.