Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this easy recipe in a magazine. It only has a few ingredients and is simple to make.Though the recipe is called a slice...it is more of a cake.
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 g butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- extra icing sugar, for dusting
- Grease a 19cm x 29cm slice pan and line with baking paper.
- Sift flour into a large bowl; stir in sugar and coconut.
- Make a well in the centre.
- Add combined butter, eggs and milk; mix well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Cook in moderate oven, 180 C for about 30 minutes, or until cooked when tested.
- Stand slice in pan for 5 mins; cool on wire rack.
- Serve slice warm or cold, cut into squares.
- Dust with extra icing sugar.
- Decorate with berries if you wish.
Simple and quite tasty. Just be sure to use superfine sugar; the bars are twice as high when you do. If you don't have caster (superfine) sugar, whirl regular sugar in a processor for a minute or two. It makes a difference. 1 cup self raising flour equals 1 cup flour, 1-1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt. 125 g. butter equals 1 stick. A 7x11 pans works well. 350 oven.