Recipe by janem123
This recipe is from Rachel, my MIL. She notes that she got the recipe from her SIL in 1960.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 unbaked pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the coconut in a 1-cup measuring cup. Pour as much milk over the coconut as needed to come to the 1-cup level. Let stand.
- Mix sugar, melted butter or margarine, and eggs. Add coconut and milk, then vanilla.
- Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake at 400* for 20 - 30 minutes.