Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Easy Coconut Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 2 cups coconut
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts
- Mix sugar and flour together in saucepan.
- Add milk.
- Over low heat, bring to boil.
- Add eggs yolks, butter and both flavorings.
- Bring to boil again.
- Remove from heat and add coconut in baked pie shell.
- Pour coconut filling into pie shell.
- Use egg whites for meringue if desired.
Delish! Very good and easy! I used about 1/4 cup of butter, which seemed about right. I also used the egg whites for the meringue adding a bit of sugar to the egg whites to whip them up really good -- then browned the pie under the broiler about 5 minutes to add some color to the meringue. Very good cold and very coconutty -- which is exactly what I expected. Thanks for sharing this delicious pie!