Recipe by Canadian In Atlanta
Very delicious and moist. One of my mother's recipes!
Top Review by WhiteSnake
This is a very good cake. I found it to be a little bit lighter than a pound cake but that's a good thing. It was hard to wait for it to cool. The only things I would change are 1. include some sort of topping ( frosting or maybe a coconut rum infused glaze ) and I would add more coconut BUT I am a coconut junkie and always add more than any recipe calls for. This is a keeper!
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon almond extract
- 1 cup coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- With mixer on "cream", add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add almond extract.
- Stir in coconut.
- Turn into greased 10" tube pan or bundt pan.
- Bake one hour at 325.
- Cool 30 min before removing from pan.
- This cake can be frozen.