Recipe by Kater
If you like coconut, you'll love these cookies! After making them the first time, they were established as a favorite. Very easy to make, and even easier to eat. The recipe comes from Nick Malgieri's book Cookies Unlimited.
Top Review by MrsBritt
Absolutely delish! I covered mine with piped chocolate and that added a needed chocolate fix I had a craving for, but the cookies were fantastic on their own! I absolutely loved these, and they're now a family favorite; even among my boyfriend, who doesn't really like coconut! Thanks for a keeper :)
- 1 (7 ounce) bag sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the food processor, place the coconut and pulse for 1-second intervals about a dozen times.
- The object it to make the coconut smaller but not to grind it too fine.
- In a bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Combine butter and sugar and beat on medium speed for about 30 seconds, then beat in the vanilla, then the egg.
- Beat until smooth again.
- Lower the speed and beat in the flour mixture, then the coconut.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the batter on parchment or foil lined cookie sheets about 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake about 12-15 minutes, until the cookies have spread and are golden around the edges.
- Slide papers from the pans onto cooling racks.
- After the cookies have cooled, remove from the paper.