Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Simple, rich and delicious! Even better served warm with vanilla or butter pecan ice cream! (Makes it's own crust.)
- In mixer, (or whisk a lot), the eggs, cream, sugar, flour, butter, vanilla, rum extract and salt.
- Scrape bowl, and mix or whisk again til very well mixed.
- Add coconut, and mix/whisk in well.
- Pour into a 9" or 10" deep-dish greased pie plate.
- Bake at 350º for 50-55 minute or til set.
- Serve warm, room temperature or chilled.
- ***Thispie tends to juice over just a bit, I put it on the rack in center of oven, then on the rack below, I put a little foil just slightly bigger than the pie plate to catch the juice.
- Pie will sink slightly after cooling a bit.
- Good with vanilla or butter pecan ice cream when served slightly warm!
I had another version of this and lost it. Made this recipe and my entire family raved about it. I love the flavor that the rum adds to the pie. SO far I have made 4 pies and given them to my family and they love it!
Oh Yeah!!! This pie is wonderful. It went together real easy and it makes a huge pie. I was beginning to wonder if it was all going to go into my deep dish pie shell, but it did. I didn't have any rum extract, so I just put in a little coconut rum.....YUM!!!! I recommend this pie to everyone.