Recipe by Canadian in Minnesota
This wonderful curry is so decadent it tastes as if you spent hours on it!
Top Review by I Cook Therefore I Am
Both my husband and I thought that this was very bland. It just seemed like it needed more spice to add flavor to the dish. I followed directions exactly, and I used the curry/cumin mix instead of the curry paste. Maybe the curry paste makes a really big difference in flavor?
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon hot curry paste (or curry powder and ground cumin)
- 1 large onion
- 3 plum tomatoes
- 1 lb peeled uncooked frozen shrimp
- 1 celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour coconut milk into a large, wide frying pan and set over medium heat. Stir in curry paste. Finely chop onion and stir into sauce. Slice tomatoes in half. Squeeze out and discard seeds. Coarsely chop. Then stir into gently boiling sauce. Stir often, uncovered until sauce thickens, 7-10 minute Meanwhile, defrost shrimp according to package directions. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Once sauce is almost as thick as you like, stir in shrimp and celery. Stir until shrimp are bright pink, 3-5 minute Remove from heat. Stir in green onions, coriander and lime juice. Taste and stir in salt or more lime juice if needed. Excellent served over jasmine rice.