Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This cake is moist and delicious with a topping that tastes like coconut cream pie.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant coconut cream pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1⁄3 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- Prepare cake according to package directions, adding poppy seeds and coconut extract to batter.
- Pour into a greased 9X13 pan.
- Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Spread over the cake.
- Spread with whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with coconut.
The cake tasted pretty good, but it did not taste like coconut. I made it for a friend of mine who loves coconut cake and was disappointed at the outcome.