Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
This one was one of my mother's "go to" recipes - easy, moist and always popular Not sure of cake tin size - Mum used a ring tin.
- 4 ounces butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon essence
- In the mixer bowl blend well together the softened butter and the sugar.
- Add the sifted flour and the beaten eggs and milk in alternate portions - mix well after each addition.
- Beat constantly for about 3 minutes until the mixture lightens in colour.
- Add in the coconut and lemon essence and stir until combined.
- Bake in a moderate oven 45 minutes.