I make this every Christmas along with the Red Velvet Cake. This makes a VERY moist cake. If it not all eaten in one day store in the refridgerator.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen coconut, thawed
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar (not the powder)
- 1Prepare cake mix according to package instructions, separate into for equal amounts, to make four thin cake layers.
- 3While cake is cooking; in large bowl mix together sour cream, coconut, pecans, and sugar.
- 4Let mixture stand until cake has cooled.
- 5Cake layers should be stacked bottom side up so the liquid will absorb into the cake.
- 6Mixture should be a little soupy.
- 7Stir again and divide mixture into four equal amounts.
- 8Pour, and spread on each layer.
- 9Let cake stand at least an hour before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Coconut Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1789 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 5435.0
- Calories from Fat 2767
- Total Fat 307.5 g
- Saturated Fat 87.0 g
- Cholesterol 210.5 mg
- Sodium 3839.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 637.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 485.9 g
- Protein 59.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: