Recipe by strawberryjane
This has been in my family for years..SIL gave it to me years ago..I just got one made for supper. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and YUM!
Top Review by Seasoned Cook
I have also been using this recipe for years. It was the same recipe that my mother used. It is a no fail recipe--just follow directions as stated. I normally put a cinnamon-sugar mixture on the top which adds flavor. It is definitely a 5 Star dessert.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (28 ounce) can canned fruit, with juice, I use peaches
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in baking dish.
- Mix all other ingredients,except fruit,to make batter.
- Pour batter into melted butter.
- Add fruit,including juice,into melted butter.
- DO NOT STIR!
- Bake at 350°F until brown (about 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Recipe Note: When you add the fruit, add it to the center and do not stir.
- You may use any kind of fruit you wish or may also use any kind of fruit pie filling.