Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Try this quick and easy dessert. It's another recipe that kids can prepare. From the kitchen of Tona Thornburg Court, Bridgeton MO.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can pie filling (cherry or peach or apple or strawberry)
- Melt butter in 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix in flour, milk, sugar, and baking powder.
- Dollop pie filling on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until brown.
Easy and good--two of my favorite words when it comes to cooking. I love this recipe and have used it for years. If using self-risng flour, I omit the baking powder. I keep canned pie filling in the pantry and especially like this with blackberry filling. This dish is so tasty with whipped topping, ice cream, or milk and sugar. Thanks for posting!
As a child and adult, this is my favorite dessert. My Grandma called 1 Cup Cobbler, and is a favorite in our home. Thank you for posting