1/1 Photo of Easy Cobb Salad
Being a college student, you don't have much time to do anything besides do homework and research, so this is a quick and easy meal that I often whip up when my time is limited. The dressing is more or less an approximation, so depending on how tangy or sweet you want it, adjust the amount of mustard and sweetener. A great time saver is to boil several eggs at once, so you have them on hand in case you want to make another salad the next day, or more for company. (I like my eggs nice and cold, so that's why I have them boiled a day ahead, but if you don't care it doesn't make a difference.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pieces bacon
- 1 egg
- 2 -3 leaves romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 yellow and red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced
- 1The night before, boil the egg until hard-boiled (10-15 mins).
- 2When they're boiled, rinse with cold water, peel, let them cool, and stick in the fridge.
- 3The next day, cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy on both sides. (about 10 mins.) Set the bacon aside on paper towels and when cooled, crumble.
- 4Combine all ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl.
- 5Combine bacon, bell pepper, green onion and romaine in a bowl. Pour dressing over salad and toss. Garnish with sliced boiled egg and avocado.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Cobb Salad
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.1
- Calories from Fat 456
- Total Fat 50.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 208.7 mg
- Sodium 554.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.9 g
- Sugars 22.1 g
- Protein 15.7 g