Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are really easy to make, and the cinnamon/sugar topping adds a nice touch of flavor. I make extras and freeze them in a tupperware container. Then I can just pop one in the microwave for my daughter's breakfast.
- In large bowl, soak raisin bran cereal in milk for 10 minutes.
- Add egg, oil and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Mix just until moistened.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Divide batter between 12 greased or paper-lined muffin tins.
- Mix cinnamon and sugar for topping.
- Sprinkle cinnamon/sugar mixture over muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes, or until done.
I just tried your muffins tonight. They were very good plain and also with butter. Simple and quick to make. I wii definitely make again. Thank you very much.
These were very good! I skipped the cinnamon and sugar on top since I was making them for breakfasts. They weren't "the best muffins ever!" but they did taste much more appropriate for breakfast without it :) I used 1 tbsp oil, 2 tbsp water and 2 tsp baking powder in place of the egg and a combination of 1 cup wheat flour, 1/2 cup white flour. I will definitely make these again with any leftover raisin bran I have. Thanks!
easy to make, kids loved them. The topping made the muffin.