Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is from a Company's Coming cookbook it goes back a long time and is one of my son's all time favorite cakes, and it is sooooo easy to make just mix and bake! These can also be baked in mini loaf pans, but adjust the baking time, they also freeze very well. I most always double the topping mixture!
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl mix together all topping ingredients (you can double the amounts if desired for more cinnamon swirl).
- In a large bowl combine all the cake ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over the batter, then run through with a knife to create a swirl pattern.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
OMG, Kittencal, you did it again. This was THE BEST cinnamon quick bread I have ever had! I was a little nervous after the one bad review that the cinnamon would be too heavy but I still followed the directions as written and it was PERFECT. Your recipes have given my family the impression that I know how to cook, lol. The topping that stayed on the top of the pan was crunchy and sweet, the streuseling did not run through the batter at all, just made a nice swirl of sugar and cinnamon. The bread was moist and dense as a quick bread should be and looked nothing like chocolate cake, just yellow bread with cinnamon swirls. I used your pan release mixture http://www.recipezaar.com/78579 and it didn't stick to the pan. They gobbled it up! Thanks!!!
I made this and enjoyed it very much I ran out of buttermilk so I added 1 big tablespoon of thick vanilla yogurt as well. To solve the problem everyone was having with the topping I used a fork and kinda just pushed it into the batter, It made a center of topping right along the middle of the loaf.MMM good. Thanks for posting
Very tasty and easy to make. I halved the recipe, but used the full amount of topping. I also substituted nutmeg for the cinnamon and added a handful of fresh blueberries I needed to use up. The result were lovely. Thanks!