Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Easy to make, pleasant to eat, costs little to make. I experimented and came up with that recipe, my sister nags me constantly to make more :).
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix all of the flour, all but about a tablespoon of the sugar, half of the cinnamon, the butter, and 1 2/3 cups of the water, set the rest aside in case the batter is too thick.
- stir until smooth, ladle out into a small pregreased muffin pan (the cupcake papers work too) until each muffin is to your liking as far as size goes.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the rest of the sugar with the rest of the cinnamon, and sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
- Place in oven at 375°F for about 10 minutes or until done in the middle.
This recipe did need a little oomph -- 4 teaspoons baking powder as suggested would help. Also, after I had made them I was reminded of the advice of my Grade 7 Home Economics teacher who told us "when you are baking something the recipe will always call for a little salt to boost the flavour, even if you are baking something sweet...this recipe could benefit from half a teaspoon of salt.
I truly think this recipe was an intentional joke. I am a very experienced cook and was suspicious of the ingredients let alone the appearance of the batter. After 10 minutes, the muffins were like glue (and enough for at least 10 muffins). I kept it another 10 minutes, and it was a lost cause. I hate to waste ingredients!
Terrible recipe, muffins do not rise, cook time is to short makes way more than 8 muffins This recipe needs Help!!!