Recipe by WeeOne
Easy to make, pleasant to eat, costs little to make. I experimented and came up with that recipe, my sister nags me constantly to make more :).
Top Review by globallady
This recipe did need a little oomph -- 4 teaspoons baking powder as suggested would help. Also, after I had made them I was reminded of the advice of my Grade 7 Home Economics teacher who told us "when you are baking something the recipe will always call for a little salt to boost the flavour, even if you are baking something sweet...this recipe could benefit from half a teaspoon of salt.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix all of the flour, all but about a tablespoon of the sugar, half of the cinnamon, the butter, and 1 2/3 cups of the water, set the rest aside in case the batter is too thick.
- stir until smooth, ladle out into a small pregreased muffin pan (the cupcake papers work too) until each muffin is to your liking as far as size goes.
- In a smaller bowl, mix the rest of the sugar with the rest of the cinnamon, and sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
- Place in oven at 375°F for about 10 minutes or until done in the middle.