Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like this recipe because it only has a few ingredients and is very easy to make. Prep time does not include optional 1 hour of refrigeration. I hope you enjoy!!!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and blend well.
- Gradually stir in flour and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Mix until blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 Tablespoons of sugar and remaining 2 teaspoons of cinnamon. Mix well.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll the balls in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place two inches apart on greased cookie sheets. With the bottom of a glass, flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 11-15 minutes or until firm to the touch. Immediately remove from cookie sheets and place on wire rack to cool.
I made this recipe but I used 1 cup of margarine instead, the cookie dough was super crumbly after mixing so I put margarine on my hands and scooped it up forming a log, plastic wrapped it and tossed it in the fridge for an hour, when I sliced the dough to form the balls, it was hard dough, like it feels already cooked lol but when I put them in the oven for 350f for 11 minutes, WOW they came out soft and delicious, so sugary and ciniminimininy!!!!! love this easy simple delish recipie!!
This is a keeper. Delicious. A little crunch but not at all hard. Excellent taste. Just HAD to put in vanilla. Probably would have been fine without but I'm compelled.. Put a teaspoon in per batch. I doubled the batch. You'll love these I'm sure. Oh, also used Land O Lakes margarine instead of butter.
Made these for hubby and grandchildren, they where a big hit. Followed the directions except refrigerated overnight