Recipe by wife2abadge
My kids love these. I make them with lowfat crescent rolls and light butter. They take less time than 15 minutes in my oven, but it tends to run hot.
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
I made this yesterday for my kids when they came home for lunch. They loved it and that night they asked me to make more. The only change I made was to use milk in place of the orange juice in the icing. This is easy and tastes great. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagerefrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 teaspoon orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Unroll dough -- do not separate; press perforations to seal.
- Brush dough with melted butter.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and granulated sugar; sprinkle over dough.
- Starting from the long side, roll up the dough.
- Using a sharp knife or unflavored dental floss, slice dough into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Arrange pieces, cut sides up, in a greased 8x1 1/2-inch round baking pan, flattening each roll slightly.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or unl golden at 375 degrees.
- Remove and cool rolls slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough juice to make an icing of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over warm rolls.