Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
My kids love these. I make them with lowfat crescent rolls and light butter. They take less time than 15 minutes in my oven, but it tends to run hot.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagerefrigerated crescent roll dough
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 -2 teaspoon orange juice
- Unroll dough -- do not separate; press perforations to seal.
- Brush dough with melted butter.
- In a small bowl combine the cinnamon and granulated sugar; sprinkle over dough.
- Starting from the long side, roll up the dough.
- Using a sharp knife or unflavored dental floss, slice dough into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- Arrange pieces, cut sides up, in a greased 8x1 1/2-inch round baking pan, flattening each roll slightly.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or unl golden at 375 degrees.
- Remove and cool rolls slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- Remove from pan.
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough juice to make an icing of drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over warm rolls.
I made this yesterday for my kids when they came home for lunch. They loved it and that night they asked me to make more. The only change I made was to use milk in place of the orange juice in the icing. This is easy and tastes great. Thanks for the recipe.