Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Perfect for lazy mornings with friends and family alike.
- 2 (1/8-1/4 cup) tablespoons butter, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄16-1⁄8 cup cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and lightly flour 8-inch square ovenproof glass baking dish.
- Using electric mixer, cream 2 tablespoons butter in large bowl until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Continue beating until light, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to butter mixture in 2 batches alternately with milk, blending well after each addition.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Brush top with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake until golden brown and puff and knife inserted in center comes out clean, 20- 25 minutes.
- Serve warm and with love.
WOW!! I made this for Sunday dessert and it was a HIT. We served it warm with whipped cream and it was WONDERFUL!!
I made this according to recipe and kept thinking that it would need another leavening agent, like an egg or two. I had to cook it a half an hour longer than recommended and it came out, but not tasting very well.
This recipe was great.