Recipe by kittykat #2
Tastes so good no one will belive how easy it was to make!
Top Review by Lazarus
I don't like leaving negative reviews, but I have to say, this recipe didn't work out at all. I had misgivings about the quantity of cinnamon (even a teaspoon seemed excessive), and read the recipe three times to confirm I was reading it correctly. Since tablespoons are referred to both in the ingredients as well as the directions, I can only assume that 1 1/2 tablespoons is the required amount. I used slightly less than this amount, but followed the rest of the directions exactly. The results were inedible. I don't think I'll be trying this again, but I really think the recipe would be much better with less than a teaspoon of cinnamon. I feel very sad leaving a bad review, but as the recipe stands, I don't think it's usable. If the recipe changes, I'd be happy to try it again.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup prepared chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup water (or white wine for more flavor)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus one healthy pinch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pepper on both sides of chicken breasts. Press pepper onto chicken with back of spoon.
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp of cinnamon on both sides of each piece of chicken, press with spoon.
- Sprinkle onion powder on top side only, press with spoon.
- Place chicken in 8x8 pan.
- Combine prepared boullion, water (or wine), and remaining cinnamon.
- Pour into botton of pan, NOT over chicken.
- Loosely cover with foil and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- check liquid level halfway through cooking, may require more water (wine)-> additional 1/4 cup.