Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Kaci. She would bring these on Tuesday morning for our womens bible study time. These are so easy to do and you can put the stuff in the machine while you shower and get the kids off to school. Because there is no second rising time after the dough is rolled out they are so quick.
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 0.5 (102 g) box instant vanilla pudding
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups icing sugar
- Put in breadmaker in order given.
- Select dough cycle.
- When cycle is finished put dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll into a rectangle 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread on 1/2 c soft butter.
- Sprinkle on a mix of 1 c brown sugar and 2 t cinnamon.
- Roll tight and cut into 12.
- Place in a greased 9x13 pan cut side down.
- Bake 350' 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let stand 10 minutes and frost with cream cheese icing.
- I do this right in the pan so that it is easy to take it with me.
Very good, they made the top of my bread machine lift up while rising on the dough cycle. I let them rise a second time for about 25 minutes, then baked. The dough was very soft and yummy. The only thing I changed was I used a 1/4 cup of margerine to spread on the dough with the brown sugar and cinnamon. They were very good.... I made them for a friend for her birthday.
I made these last night. These turned out fantastic! I had extra time and let the bread machine work through the entire dough cycle and then let them rise for about 30 mins. Mine turned out perfect! Fluffy and soft inside, perfectly sweet and spicy, a little syrupy on the bottom a little chewy on top. Too easy. The instant vanilla pudding makes a subtle flavor in the pastry. I will be making these again and often. Next time I will make the short version for morning tea with friends. Thanks for posting this one 8-)
I chose this recipe because I was looking for an easier and quicker one that is also delicious. This did not disappoint. We've made them a couple of times already and will be making them regularly. I have frozen one (after baking) to see how it does to microwave for a quick breakfast. Thanks for posting.