Recipe by Bergy
What a treat for the kids when they come home from school or for a Sunday brunch. There will never be any of these left over! They are crispy on the outside and lovely and soft inside. Very tasty
Top Review by crawfish pie
I am grateful for finding this recipe,even more grateful to you Bergy for posting it!!!These were the quickest cinnamon rolls I have ever made.They tasted scrumptious and I will for sure make these again.I added more cinnamon cause we like um cinnamonny(is that a word?),left out the nuts and these were winners!!!!Great!Thanks again,Bergy.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (a little more if you wish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 9 inch baking pan and preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a small bowl mix the filling ingredients together, mixing well.
- In large bowl combine the sugar, raisins, flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add yogurt and oil, mix well together until you have formed a dough.
- On a lightly floured surface knead the dough 8-10 times.
- Roll the dough out to a 8" x 10" rectangle.
- Brush dough with margarine and sprinkle the filling evenly over the dough.
- Roll up jelly roll fashion, Pinch seam to seal.
- Cut into 12 1-inch pieces.
- Place rolls slightly touching in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for approx 17 minutes or until golden.
- Place on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm.