Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
Not yet tried, but soon to be.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted (or very soft)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons hot milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening.
- Add milk; stir with fork just until dough leaves sides of bowl.
- Roll dough out, on lightly floured surface, into a 1/4 inch thick rectangle.
- Brush top with butter.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar; sprinkle evenly over dough.
- Roll up, starting on long side.
- Cut into 1/2 inch thick rounds.
- Place rounds, with sides just touching, in greased 9" round pan.
- Bake at 425'F for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with glaze, serve warm.
- Glaze: Combine all ingredients and beat until smooth.
These are good and fairly quick to make. I only used 1/3 cup sugar with the 1 tsp. cinnamon and it was more than enough. Also, I only used 1/2 of the recipe for the glaze and it was plenty. I only use 2 tsp. of baking powder.