Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
This recipe comes from a Southern Living book from a long ways back, it's an easy and fast dessert to make :)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 medium cooking apples, unpeeled, cored, and cut into 1/2 in rings
- Place the butter in a 12 x 8-in baking dish.
- Microwave on HIGH for 50 seconds or until butter melts.
- Stir in the lemon juice, honey and cinnamon with the melted butter.
- Place apple slices in the butter mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- Cover with heavy-duty plastic wrap.
- Microwave at HIGH for 4-6 mins, or until apples are tender, give the dish a half-turn after 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 mins before serving.
Wonderful fruit dessert ! Thank you. The only change I made was to use my corer/slicer gadget instead of making rings. The flavors were fantastic. DH loved it along with "Recipe # 78015" Thanks for another keeper Kittencal !
5 minutes made the apples too mushy for my taste. The flavor was good, I'll make it again but next time I'll microwave it less.
I completely agree that if you love baked apples you will love these. So easy and so yummy. I had a little bit of trouble though--I had to make them twice because the first time they got cooked to oblivion even though I reduced the cooking time to compensate for my very powerful microwave. I also would have prefered them without the peel. But I'll definitely make them again with those modifications. I used Granny Smith apples. Thanks Kittencal for a delicious and super fast dessert!