Recipe by tinebean21
This is an easy and delicious bread to prepare. Even better you only need one mixing bowl because you can throw all of the ingredients right in! Feel free to tweak the ingredients to your liking...add more cinnamon...add nuts, etc. I hope you enjoy it! Edited: I have also tried out the bread by using 1/2 whole wheat pastry flour and 1/2 regular flour, a tbl of wheat germ and less sugar to make it a tiny bit "healthier". It came out just as nice as the original.
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take peeled and chopped apples and place them in a micowave safe bowl.
- Add water to the apples and microwave for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Combine apples and all remaining ingriendients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hr to 1 hr 15 minutes.
- When done let sit for 15 mins before removing from pan and placing on a wire rack.