Recipe by Lennie
I have not tried this, but it was in today's newspaper and I wanted to share. With bbq season practically here, I thought this was a great recipe to have on hand. Prep time includes overnight marinating, which is not necessary. Kebabs can be served as a main course, an appetizer, or just a snack!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney (or your favourite chutney)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken chunks in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, place chutney, soy sauce, sugar and oil; process or blend until mixture is smooth.
- Pour chutney mixture over chicken and stir to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour; maximum 24 hours.
- Before dinner, find skewers; if metal, fine, but if using wooden ones they must be soaked in water for 30 minutes so they won't burn.
- Preheat bbq and grease grill, or preheat broiler.
- Prepare kebabs: Put 3 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces of pepper, alternating, on each skewer.
- Chicken will cook faster on bbq: cook kebabs about 8 minutes, turning often.
- Or broil on wire rack on shallow baking sheet set on rack in centre of oven, about 8 inches from broiler; broil, turning partway through, until chicken feels springy, about 15 minutes.