24 hrs 15 mins
I have not tried this, but it was in today's newspaper and I wanted to share. With bbq season practically here, I thought this was a great recipe to have on hand. Prep time includes overnight marinating, which is not necessary. Kebabs can be served as a main course, an appetizer, or just a snack!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chicken chunks in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 2In a food processor or blender, place chutney, soy sauce, sugar and oil; process or blend until mixture is smooth.
- 3Pour chutney mixture over chicken and stir to coat well.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour; maximum 24 hours.
- 5Before dinner, find skewers; if metal, fine, but if using wooden ones they must be soaked in water for 30 minutes so they won't burn.
- 6Preheat bbq and grease grill, or preheat broiler.
- 7Prepare kebabs: Put 3 pieces of chicken and 3 pieces of pepper, alternating, on each skewer.
- 8Chicken will cook faster on bbq: cook kebabs about 8 minutes, turning often.
- 9Or broil on wire rack on shallow baking sheet set on rack in centre of oven, about 8 inches from broiler; broil, turning partway through, until chicken feels springy, about 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Chutney Chicken Kebabs
Serving Size: 1 (243 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 180.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 413.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 27.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: