Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Easy recipe using store bought ingredients pepped up with a little brandy and apple. Using ready-rolled frozen pastry makes these tarts very quick to make. If you don't have a tart tray with shallow cups, use a muffin tray but cut the circles of pastry just slightly larger than the base of the cups so that it makes a shallow tart. I have assumed that the tarts will be cooked in three batches but if you have more than one tray, this could be reduced.
- Quarter and core the apple.
- Grate the apple without peeling.
- Add the grated apple and brandy to the fruit mincemeat.
- Cut out 36 circles from the shortcrust pastry to line the tray.
- Add a teaspoon of the fruit mixture to each tart.
- Cut out 36 Christmas shapes from the puff pastry. I have star, heart, tree and bell shapes that I use for this recipe.
- Put a puff pastry shape on top of each tart.
- Mix together the golden syrup and water and use it to brush each puff pastry. This browns the puff pastry.
- Bake for 15 minutes in an oven set to 200°C.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or icecream or cool on a rack and dust with icing sugar.