1 hr 10 mins
Easy recipe using store bought ingredients pepped up with a little brandy and apple. Using ready-rolled frozen pastry makes these tarts very quick to make. If you don't have a tart tray with shallow cups, use a muffin tray but cut the circles of pastry just slightly larger than the base of the cups so that it makes a shallow tart. I have assumed that the tarts will be cooked in three batches but if you have more than one tray, this could be reduced.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Quarter and core the apple.
- 2Grate the apple without peeling.
- 3Add the grated apple and brandy to the fruit mincemeat.
- 4Cut out 36 circles from the shortcrust pastry to line the tray.
- 5Add a teaspoon of the fruit mixture to each tart.
- 6Cut out 36 Christmas shapes from the puff pastry. I have star, heart, tree and bell shapes that I use for this recipe.
- 7Put a puff pastry shape on top of each tart.
- 8Mix together the golden syrup and water and use it to brush each puff pastry. This browns the puff pastry.
- 9Bake for 15 minutes in an oven set to 200°C.
- 10Serve warm with whipped cream or icecream or cool on a rack and dust with icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Christmas Mince Tarts
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.5
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 283.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 4.5 g