Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is quick, easy and very good. I often use just the candied fruits, as some family members don't care for nuts or dates.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups candied fruit (glazed fruit) or 3 cups dates or 3 cups nuts (any combination...to your liking)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon into 9" square cake pan.
- Bake a 350 for 35-40 minutes.
- Cool and cut into squares.
Easy, quick, pretty and very versatile bar cookies for Christmas. I used mixed nuts, apricots, candied cherries, raisins and coconut. But I can imagine a lot of combinations that would be good, and this is the perfect recipe to use up leftover bits and pieces of Christmas baking goodies. I'm considering dribbling some white chocolate over to take to a party, but a really nice recipe that you can probably make right now with things you already have in the house.