Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We have been making this fudge at the holiday season for years, if cooking time is followed directly this will produce a wonderful fudge that tastes just as good maybe even better than the fudge prepared with a candy thermometer but you won't need one for this! --- this is sure to become a favorite at the holiday season --- use only store-bought full-fat eggnog for this :)
- Line a 9x9-inch pan with aluminum foil; set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, add eggnog and sugar, bring to a rolling boil over medium to med-high heat (watch that mixture does not boil over the pot, if boiling to hard, turn down heat slightly, but continue a rapid boil), stirring constantly; boil for 2 minutes (this must be timed for exactly 2 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in the marshmallows, cinnamon and pinch of nutmeg (if using).
- Put saucepan back on element; bring back to a rolling boil for another 6 minutes, stirring constantly, again, turn down the heat if mixture is boiling to hard.
- The mixture will start to turn a brown colour, which is normal.
- After boiling for the full 6 minutes; remove from heat; add the butter, vanilla chips and nuts.
- Stir rapidly, until mixture has a glossy appearance, and the chips and butter are well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared foil-lined pan.
- Cool at room temperature.
- Remove from pan lifting up sides of foil.
- Remove the foil from the fudge; cut in small squares.