Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a really simple recipe that I came up with one night when I was pressed for time. My boyfriend's mom used to make chops in Cream of Mushroom soup when he was a kid. This was adapted from that. Great comfort food!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 thick pork chops (I used bone-in)
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper (or any bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 0.5 (10 7/8 ounce) soup can milk
- Season chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown chops on both sides. Remove to a warming plate.
- Saute onions and peppers in remaining oil until translucent, scraping up bits remaining from the chops.
- Stir in soup and milk. Blend until smooth and bring to a boil.
- Add chops to gravy, cover, reduce heat and simmer until chops are done, approximately 25 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chops. I served this with mashed potatoes and corn.