Recipe by Lainey6605
I wrote this recipe down on a recipe card after seeing it in a magazine, but I can't remember which one. This is a great cake for special occasions. It is definitely NOT low fat. I like it because you can choose what candy bars you want to put in it and even what flavor cake.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (dark chocolate, devil's food or Swiss chocolate, just choose your favorite chocolate!)
- 3 large eggs (for cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil (for cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (for cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 10 chocolate candy bars (regular size of your choice or chocolate mint cookies)
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
- Prepare mix according to directions on box and divide evenly into three pans.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and confectioners' sugar on medium speed until creamy.
- Finely chop 8 of the candy bars.
- Fold candy bars and cream cheese mixture into whipped topping to complete frosting.
- Spread frosting between cake layers and on top and sides.
- Chop remaining two candy bars and sprinkle on top and around bottom edge of cake.
- Decorate with berries, if desired.