I wrote this recipe down on a recipe card after seeing it in a magazine, but I can't remember which one. This is a great cake for special occasions. It is definitely NOT low fat. I like it because you can choose what candy bars you want to put in it and even what flavor cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box chocolate cake mix (dark chocolate, devil's food or Swiss chocolate, just choose your favorite chocolate!)
- 3 large eggs (for cake mix)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (for cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (for cake mix)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 10 chocolate candy bars (regular size of your choice or chocolate mint cookies)
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour three 8-inch round cake pans.
- 3Prepare mix according to directions on box and divide evenly into three pans.
- 4Bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 5Cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from pans and cool completely.
- 7For the frosting, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and confectioners' sugar on medium speed until creamy.
- 8Finely chop 8 of the candy bars.
- 9Fold candy bars and cream cheese mixture into whipped topping to complete frosting.
- 10Spread frosting between cake layers and on top and sides.
- 11Chop remaining two candy bars and sprinkle on top and around bottom edge of cake.
- 12Decorate with berries, if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Choice Candy Bar Cake
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1061.0
- Calories from Fat 563
- Total Fat 62.6 g
- Saturated Fat 27.8 g
- Cholesterol 123.1 mg
- Sodium 698.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 90.3 g
- Protein 13.0 g