Recipe by shelbyrose
Absolutely delicious and easy as 'pie'. A prepared crumb crust makes this a snap to put together. This is a real family pleaser. What's nice is that it can be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to serve. Recipe is from Easy Everyday Cooking.
- 1 (7 ounce) package caramels
- 1⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 9 inch chocolate cookie crumb crust
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup fudge sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place caramels and evaporated milk in a heavy saucepan.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring continuously, until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup chopped pecans.
- Pour into pie crust.
- In a blender, combine cream cheese, sour cream and milk.
- Process until smooth.
- Add pudding mix; process for about 30 seconds longer.
- Pour pudding mixture over caramel layer, covering evenly.
- Chill loosely covered until set, about 15-20 minutes (or overnight).
- Drizzle fudge topping over pudding in a decorative pattern.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
- Serve immediately or keep chilled, loosely covered.