Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This trifle is so easy to throw together for a last minute party or if the kids decide to have friends over.
- 498.95 g package brownie mix (whichever brand or type you prefer)
- 340.19 g bag miniature chocolate chips (you will not need entire bag)
- 333.10 g jar hot fudge (optional)
- 453.59 g container whipped topping
- 167.26 g box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 709.77 ml milk (for pudding)
- First Layer.
- Prepare brownie as directed on box and add about a half cup of choc chips. Once brownies are cooked cut them up or spoon about half of them out of pan and into bottom of trifle dish. Then heat up fudge and randomnly spoon fudge over brownies. Use half of jar.
- 2nd Layer.
- Prepare pudding as normal with a cup of mini choc chips. Then pour half of pudding on top of the brownies.
- 3rd Layer.
- Then spoon 8oz (half of tub) of whipped topping onto the pudding. Try to spread evenly so the layers are clean looking.
- Then REPEAT all three layers and garnish with mini chocolate chips.
- Then cover & chill in fridge until time to serve.
This is the second year I've made this for a pot luck dinner and I'm having to triple it. Obviously, it's a hit. I always add chocolate chips into the whipped topping layer, also. If you don't have time to make the brownies, buy premade ones and cut them up. It works that way, too!
I took this to a potluck at work and it got rave reviews. My boss was even asked if I was married because of this dish = ) Easy to make and looks great.
We ate every last bite in about 20 minutes! I brought to my nephews birthday party and it was totally enjoyed by everyone there! The kids couldn't wait to dig into it! I used regular pudding as I like it better than the instant. I also added Snicker's candy pieces throughout the layers because they are my favorite candy bar. Will definately make this every chance I get! Excellent! Thanks for sharing Rachel! Pam