Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This great little recipe came from my local newspaper. These are ooey and gooey with lots of chocolate.
- 2 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 10 ounces toffee pieces
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl stir together flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender cut butter into flour and sugar until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add the egg and mix well. Stir in 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of crumb mixture of the crumb mixture and press the remainder into the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake for 10 minute
- Take the pan out of the oven and pour the sweetened condensed milk over the crust. Top with toffee bits. Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture and remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips over the top. Bake 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Cool completely before cutting into bars.