Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe on the web-site, and I am posting it for safe keeping. Plan on making it soon!!
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into bits & melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 9" spring form pan with butter spray.
- Pour crumbs into pan along with melted butter. Combine mixture with a fork until well blended. Press mixture with your fingers along the side of the pan up to the edge about an inch and along the bottom to make a crust.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- While it's baking, make filling.
- Mix all ingredients with a spoon or your mixer on low speed. You need to do this while chocolate is HOT.
- Be sure to keep mixing until the mixture is completely brown and no white streaks of mascarpone cheese.
- Now pour the filling in the cooled crust and put the tart in your refrigerator. It needs to be refrigerated at least an hout to firm up.
- After an hour, you will need to cover it with plastic wrap so it doesn't get a film on top.
- You can sprinkle powdered sugar on top before serving.
- IMPORTANT HINT: Take the tart out of the refrigerator about an hour ahead of serving. It tastes so much richer when it's just slightly cool and not cold. YUMMY!