Recipe by Snowbunny Andorra
These chocolate soufflés are easy to make, don't sink and can be made ahead of time to be popped in the oven when you're ready. Cakey on the outside, gooey on the inside and not overly sweet. Serve with good vanilla ice cream.
Directions See How It's Made
- If cooking immediately, pre-heat oven to 180C (160C for a fan-assisted oven).
- Melt the chocolate and butter together in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs and sugar in another bowl until light and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and fold gently to incorporate.
- Fold in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into buttered ramekins. At this stage, you can cover and store in the fridge for cooking at a later time, otherwise pop into the oven for 8-12 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the soufflés for the last few minutes. When the tops start to crack, give it another minute and they should be done. They should be really gooey in the centre but cakey on top and round the edges.
- Serve immediately with a scoop of ice cream.