Recipe by deinemuse
At first I was worried this would not turn out well so I had a back up dessert in case. However, it was amazing. We ate it without any condiments, but would go awesome with ice cream or whipped cream. Also, do not confuse this with a molten lava cake. You will also need a ceramic soufflé dish.
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus additional for sprinkling
- 5 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips, chopped
- 3 large egg yolks, at room temperature
- 6 large egg whites
- 1⁄8 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Measure out sugar, separate eggs and measure and chop chocolate.
- Butter soufflé dishes entirely and then add sugar (additional) coating the entire dish.
- Melt chocolate - you can either use a microwave, 20 seconds then stir and continue till done, or you can use the metal bowl method.
- Add yolks to chocolate (this will harden the chocolate so don't be alarmed).
- Use a beater on whites with a pinch of salt and adding sugar, a little at a time. Beat until whites hold med-stiff peaks.
- Fold white mixture into chocolate little by little (be gentle and it is okay if some chunks are left, but make it as smooth as possible).
- Pour into soufflé dishes and run the end of your thumb around inside to remove any extra batter.
- Bake until puffed and crusted on top but still jiggly in center, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.