Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes two of the most rich moist chocolatey fudge snack cakes, you can use one right away and freeze the other but seriously after you taste this cake I'm sure the second one won't even make it to the freezer, these are so moist and rich they don't even need frosting!
Top Review by eknecht
Can you say YUM?? We've made this twice now...the first time because I had 'helpers' in the kitchen...and it turned out very dry. The second time they turned out perfectly! We topped with Kittencal's Chocolate Buttercream Frosting/Icing Recipe #89207. It certainly was good enough that we didn't NEED the icing...but we couldn't resist! Rich and very moist...just perfect. Thanks Kittencal!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix
- 1 (4 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup butter (very soft but not melted) or 1 cup margarine (very soft but not melted)
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch square baking pans.
- In a bowl beat the first 6 ingredients together with an electric mixer at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Increase the speed to high and continue beating until smooth (the batter will be VERY thick).
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the two prepared pans.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the cakes test done.