Recipe by Nell Thomas
I found this recipe on a box of "Honey Maid" Graham Wafer Crumbs many years ago. It's very easy to make and always gets rave reviews. Thought someone else may want to try it.
CHOCOLATE GRAHAM CRUMB CRUST
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (375 ml)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (50 ml)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted (125 ml)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine (125 ml)
- 1 cup icing sugar (250 ml)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (5 ml)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (melted)
- 1 envelope topping mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine crumbs and sugar.
- Add maragarine, blend well.
- Press into bottom and sides of a 9-inch (23 cm) greased pie plate.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 8 minutes; cool.
- Cream margarine with sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Add melted chocolate; mix well and place bowl in freezer 5 minutes or until mixture is slightly stiff.
- Prepare desert topping mix as directed on package.
- Beat in chilled chocolate mixture until light and smooth.
- Pour into prepared Crumb Crust.
- Chill until set, at least 1 hour.