Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I love ice cream with some kind of sauce on it. Call me weird LOL! This is a really good sauce and it's one of my favorite go-to sauces. I found this years ago on the web. Be sure you don't use semi-sweet, it's no good in this recipe. It's been awhile since I made this, I can't remember exactly how much it made. I did the 2oz, then truffles, then I think I made the 3oz. If you make this, please post how much, if you please.
- 2 -3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (if you go for the 3 oz. you may want to add a little more.)
- Carefully melt the chocolate in the condensed milk, and bring to a boil. Boil gently for a minute. Then add the vanilla. You can also add peanut butter (just a big spoonful or, no big deal) if desired. I prefer the 2oz. of chocolate, but you may want the 3oz.
- Thin with regular milk, if you need to.
- You may like to use a different extract, such as almond or maple, or which ever. It's really cool to make truffles out of this after it cools a little.
Made for All New Zaar Cookbooks Tag. This is super easy and very good. I did add about a tablespoon or so of creamy peanut butter at the end and it reminded me of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! One word of warning ~ if you make this in your microwave like I did, be sure to watch it carefully ~ it boils over really fast!!!! Thanks for a great recipe Fluffster! I'll be using this one often - like that it has a few simple ingredients.